Tuesday, April 22

Working on the very sterile oil paintings, which are part of the Mutant Consequences series, I started to think about redrawing some of them in a manner which took them beyond medical specimens and present them as actual living entities, organisms that are living and continually morphing and growing. They would be like Frankenstein's monster, created in the laboratory but with a life of its own that is not in the control of the creator.


I have adopted to paint these works using water colours to create a sense of flesh and soft squishy insides. I have not tried to render the works so perfectly as the oil paintings but rather like the water marks, they remind me of bodily fluids.


I have also started to include bodily functions such as excreting waste. The mutant orgaisim slithers off the laboratory table and makes its own place in the world...

No comments: